New Jersey Dental ImplantsDental implants are among the most advanced procedures for replacing missing teeth. They are the closest to having the feel and look of natural teeth. The bone grows or bonds around the implant to help firmly secure it in place. After healing, an impression is taken for the crown. It is either screwed into place inside the implant or cemented on a specially made abutment (post). The abutment is screwed into the implant and then the crown is cemented on top.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- They look, feel, and function like a natural tooth.
- The adjacent teeth do not have to be prepared like a traditional bridge, therefore the adjacent teeth can be left untouched.
- They are stronger than dentures.
- They last longer than a bridge, which makes them more cost effective over time, as long as they are properly maintained.
- They help prevent bone loss and facial collapse.